What we invest in
We invest in entrepreneurs with proven execution skills, a passion for addressing Climate change, and have a clearly articulated decarbonisation story.
to reduce Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, primarily Carbon Dioxide and Methane
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) sources
Methane (CH4) Sources
NFC is laser focused on 4 verticals
Will Not invest in solar, wind, hydropower, but will deploy capital in energy storage from these sources.
Responsible building materials & façade, eco friendly interiors, green walls, smart property tech, water efficient systems and waste management.
Energy storage management solutions, microgrid technologies & services, lithium-ion improvements or alternatives to lithium-ion & long-duration storage solutions.
Climate Smart Agriculture
Precision farming (AI, machine vision, big data, sensors, robotics), plant-based food inputs & cellular meat, new farming methods (vertical farming, hydroponics and aeroponics), flood & drought resistant seeds, agricultural, microbials and forestry.
Green Hydrogen - replace fossil fuels in planes, trains, trucks, factories & even in home heating.
Nuclear - Opportunities to build small, advanced nuclear power stations relying on a new source of nuclear energy: a traveling wave reactor (championed by Bill Gates).
NFC Identified Capabilities
- Pipeline of entrepreneurs in urban planning, water efficiency, energy efficiency, materials & resources, design innovation.
- Access to Network of builders/developers;
- Engagement with policy makers, local government institutions & others
- Access to network of renewable power generating companies.
- Identified entrepreneurs developing non lithium-ion options such as recyclable aluminium economy.
- Cost competitive storage technologies.
- Understanding the regulatory framework for energy storage systems.
- Vibrant pipeline of entrepreneurs in bio energy
- Nanotechnology for safer food packaging, Techniques to improve the digestibility, nutrient content, and flavor of food, Smart systems to allow the real-time monitoring and regulation of medicines or nutrients
- Engage with farmers; surface/ground water quality improvement
- Opportunities in Production, Processing, Distribution, Storage and Applications of hydrogen.
- Demand Creation & Applications in feedstock gas for industries such as chemical, refining and steel. Source of heat and power for buildings, & a medium to store energy from renewable and other sources.
- Technology transfer and commercialization for application in India, more specifically, TerraPower’s traveling wave reactor (TWR®) ( liquid sodium-cooled fast reactor that uses depleted uranium as fuel)
- Invest in entrepreneurs who develop global fuel, materials and component development program, create high-value products from coal