Operating Partner - Job Description
Work related Networking
- Passion for Sustainability / Climate change is a must.
- Network with the investment community like PE funds /VC funds /Investment banks.
- Network with industry /CII etc.
- Network with the startup community / entrepreneurs.
- Worked with local / national / International agencies on policies and actions around climate and sustainability.
* Strong network in any one or two of the above listed qualifications is required.
Work Sector Background
- Top blue chip consulting firm and heading the energy/sustainability practice with focus on sustainability.
- Operating role in a large company with responsibility for Profit and Loss with focus on sustainability.
- Operating role in a technology company with focus on tech for sustainable solutions.
- Senior management role in VC/PE fund with focus on sustainability and done investments around that area.
- Large DFI (like IFC/ CDC) with specific focus around investment in sustainability sector.
*A combination of operating role and consulting experience / investment experience will be ideal but not necessary.
Technical Skills required
- Understanding technology related to climate and sustainability is a must.
- Ability to understand numbers and read financial accounts.
- Have been responsible in building a business in the job with focus on scale and profitability.
- Worked with customers and clients to take a business from an idea stage to its growth stage.
- Mentored / worked with entrepreneurs and enabled them for growth.
*Clear demonstration of skills in minimum 3 of the above listed area is a requirement with point no 1 being a MUST.
- Currently oversees a team of professionals
- Has demonstrated quantifiable leadership qualities around,
- Change management
- Mentoring and guidance
- Turnaround of business
- Handling failure
* Your employment track record should clearly establish credentials around most of them.